If Game is the thing you repeat, then what is the difference between Pattern and Game?
Game is funny/interesting/heartfelt.
A Pattern (an empty pattern, anyway) isn’t.
I respectfully suggest that this needs a little bit more clarification. A Game is a Pattern, but it’s a pattern of human behavior that’s fun to play around with and helps provide structure to a scene. At its broadest, a pattern is anything repeated. 2, 4, 6, 8 is a pattern. But a bunch of improvisors counting off by twos is not interesting. If you inject some behavior, emotion, relationship, or human reaction into a pattern, you have the beginnings of a game.
- billdipiero likes this
- stephcheng likes this
- goodboywithawink reblogged this from improvisorsimprovisor
- scorwitz reblogged this from improv-is-easy and added:
- ohnotonymayer likes this
- internationalcomedyteam reblogged this from improv-is-easy and added:
- poupak likes this
- improv-is-easy reblogged this from improvisorsimprovisor and added:
- joxmacd reblogged this from paulciampanelli and added:
- theplando likes this
- ams-impro likes this
- nicclee likes this
- thatisawesome likes this
- ohmyscience likes this
- improvisorsimprovisor reblogged this from paulciampanelli and added:
- probablysean likes this
- scorwitz likes this
- improv4thought reblogged this from downrightupright and added:
- tylerriewer likes this
- downrightupright reblogged this from nicclee and added:
- nicclee reblogged this from improvisorsimprovisor and added:
- angiwithnoe likes this
- chuckgivens likes this
- improv-is-easy posted this